Galvanize our global community members to step into the leadership mindset, to take responsibility, and turn ideas into actions. We would like to help you make an impact by taking initiatives and influencing others.
Join us every month, on the second Friday at 12:00 PM ET (4:00 PM GMT), for an hour-long conversation. Every call will feature a guest speaker, an experienced leader in the technology world, who will share insights and answer questions.
We are excited to have Rebekah Bastian as our Guest Speaker for September’s call.
Rebekah is vice president of community & culture at Zillow, leading efforts around Equity & Belonging, Social Impact and Cultural Engagement. She serves on nonprofit boards, as an advisor to technology startups, and is a Forbes.com contributor. Her first book, Blaze Your Own Trail, will be coming out in February 2020. Rebekah has been recognized in the Puget Sound Business Journal 40 Under 40, the Inman 33 People Changing the Real Estate Industry, and the Female Founders Alliance Champion Awards. She is also a mentor, a mother to two boys and an aerial acrobat.
In this month’s fireside chat, Bushra (host) will talk to Rebekah about her non-linear career path, her advice for building confidence and speaking up, and her upcoming book Blaze Your Own Trail. Rebekah believes in finding the intersection of passions, skills, and opportunity, and encourages women to take risks and stay open to possibilities.
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rebekahbastian/
Our Guiding Principles
1. We believe in playing a part in reaching 50/50 by 2025.
2. We communicate with each other with respect and kindness.
3. We lift each other and are agents of positive change in each others’ lives.
Share with Us
* What challenges are you facing as a women technologist?
* How can the community help you develop your personal leadership?
* Would you like to brainstorm what the right next step may be for your professional and personal growth?
* Are you planning on starting a “women in technology” support group or event at your current organization and seek advice on contents, topics, attendance?
* Have you written an article about technology issues or those that affect women technologists?
* Have you recently been recognized?
* Would you like to be more involved with your local AnitaB.org community?
Join us for our monthly Technical Leaders call, where we connect to make an impact. Together we:
> Celebrate and amplify each others’ voices and achievements
> Encourage and advocate for each others’ initiatives
> Share experiences, perspectives, and advice
Email Bushra and Natasha with any questions at email@example.com