Galvanize our global community members to step into the leadership mindset, to take responsibility, and turn ideas into actions. We would like to help you make an impact by taking initiatives and influencing others.
Join us every month, on the second Friday at 12:00 PM ET (4:00 PM GMT), for an hour-long conversation. Every call will feature a guest speaker, an experienced leader in the technology world, who will share insights and answer questions.
We are excited to have Karen Catlin as our Guest Speaker for July’s call.
After spending 25 years building software products and serving as a vice president of engineering at Adobe, Karen Catlin witnessed a sharp decline in the number of women working in tech. Frustrated but galvanized, she knew it was time to switch gears. Today, Karen is a vocal advocate for inclusion, a leadership coach, and a keynote speaker. She’s the author of Better Allies: Everyday Actions to Create Inclusive, Engaging Workplaces and coauthor of Present! A Techie’s Guide to Public Speaking.
In this month’s fireside chat, Bushra (host) will talk to Karen about her career journey and what catalyzed her to switch from being a vp of engineering to a leadership coach for women in tech. They’ll also discuss themes Karen sees in her coaching practice, and her work to create a more inclusive tech industry where everyone can grow their careers and thrive.
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kecatlin/
Our Guiding Principles
1. We believe in playing a part in reaching 50/50 by 2025.
2. We communicate with each other with respect and kindness.
3. We lift each other and are agents of positive change in each others’ lives.
Share with Us
* What challenges are you facing as a women technologist?
* How can the community help you develop your personal leadership?
* Would you like to brainstorm what the right next step may be for your professional and personal growth?
* Are you planning on starting a “women in technology” support group or event at your current organization and seek advice on contents, topics, attendance?
* Have you written an article about technology issues or those that affect women technologists?
* Have you recently been recognized?
* Would you like to be more involved with your local AnitaB.org community?
Join us for our monthly Technical Leaders call, where we connect to make an impact. Together we:
> Celebrate and amplify each others’ voices and achievements
> Encourage and advocate for each others’ initiatives
> Share experiences, perspectives, and advice
Email Bushra and Natasha with any questions at email@example.com