We believe that the most effective Allies are armed with data, facts and first-hand information about programs the plights of women in technology —so NYC.AnitaB.org offers women allies courses for adults. We value community education and believe that it is through sharing the facts with as many people as possible that we will ultimately succeed in ensuring every woman feels valued, accepted and appreciated at their workplace and any other environments.
OUR COMMUNITY SPONSOR
More info on community sponsorship: HERE
The Allies Leadership Course
The Allies Leadership Course is a 4-week course for males, females and non-binary gender offered every other month. Course participants spend one day (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) each week immersing themselves in different women in technology issues, including micro-aggression, exploitation of power, and psychological abuse. At each session attendees will work on actionable solutions to take back and implement in their work environment.
When you participate in the ALC you will:
- Meet once a week for 4 weeks to learn about the challenges WIT face and the innovative solutions being developed to help them.
- Visit programs that serve Women in Tech
- Hear directly from women technologists, hr managers and about the challenges they face and the successes they have had in their field
- Engage in dynamic discussions about how to improve the lives of women technologist.
- Learn about advocacy in the areas AnitaB.org focuses on
- Find out why your voice is important and how you and your network of friends and colleagues can make a difference for women in technologists
An application and interview are required. The fee for the course is $1500. Full and partial scholarships are available.
If you are interested in participating in the 2018 ALC, please submit your application online. You can contact the NYC.AnitaB.org team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.