The Seattle AnitaB.org chapter is pleased to announce the return of a Hopper x 1 conference to the region in 2019.
March 22nd & 23rd 2019
Amazon Meeting Center
For 2019, in response to your feedback and interest, we are expanding the content to 4 tracks that will span 2 days of exciting keynotes, career and technical content showcasing the thought leadership of the Seattle area female tech talent, while remaining true to our stated goals of:
- Growing Community
- Strengthening our Collective, Diverse Voices
- Fostering Inclusion
- Inspiring Action
We look forward to your participation!
We welcome people of all genders and backgrounds to attend the Hopper x 1 Seattle 2019 event. Our program will be designed to:
- Celebrate technical impact and accomplishments of women and gender diverse folk at all career and academic levels
- Enable women to network with peers, allies and mentors in the Seattle area, and support one another along their career paths
- Equip women and allies with technical and career skills through a variety of interactive and hands-on sessions
- Inspire curiosity and action whether you are an experienced technologist or new to the technology field
We appreciate your enthusiasm for Hopper x 1 Seattle and your commitment to gender diversity in technology. To make attendance accessible to all, we will provide flexible registration options, including:
- Full two-day registration (all programs, career fair and lunch for two days)
- One-day registration (all programs, career fair and lunch for either day)
- Scholarships (limited number of scholarships will be available to provide free admission to all programs, career fair and lunch for two days)
—– Registration will open in early 2019. Check back soon. —–
The Hopper x 1 Seattle 2017 event sold out in 36 hours. Be the first to find out when registration opens by signing up for our mailing list.
|General Registration||To keep informed when general registration opens, sign up for our mailing list!|
Are you a student, academic, or professional in technology who is interested in attending Hopper x 1 Seattle and requires financial assistance?
At AnitaB.org Seattle we believe that registration cost should not be a barrier to attending this 2-day event. To make attendance accessible to all, we are delighted to announce the availability of the Hopper x 1 Seattle Scholarship. Apply today to receive FREE admission to the conference, including all sessions, career fair, lunch, and happy hour. Please note that scholarship recipients are responsible for their own travel costs.
- Scholarship applications closed on Tuesday, December 11, 2018
- Selected scholarship recipients will be notified by Wednesday, January 30, 2019
|Scholarship||FREE||Includes FREE admission to the conference, including all sessions, career fair, lunch, and happy hour.||CLOSED|
Please note: All sales are final and cannot be cancelled or refunded. You may substitute a new attendee if you are not able to attend.
—– Detailed schedule will be posted in early 2019. Check back soon. —–
|Wednesday, September 19, 2018||Call for Speakers opens|
|Tuesday, November 13, 2018||Call for Volunteers opens
Scholarship Application Submission opens
|Monday, December 10, 2018||Sponsorship Registration opens|
|Tuesday, December 11, 2018||Call for Speakers closes
Scholarship Application Submission closes
|Wednesday, January 30, 2019||Selected Speakers Notified
Scholarship Recipients Notified
|Tuesday, February 5, 2019||Registration opens|
|Friday, February 22, 2019||Sponsorship Registration closes|
Call for Speakers
Our Hopper x 1 Seattle 2019 tracks cover a wide range of fields for every technical woman.
We seek high-quality submissions that showcase the latest trends and research, emerging technology, practical experiences, technical solutions and projects led by women in one of the domains highlighted below. We invite perspectives from academic, industry, entrepreneurial, governmental and non-profit sectors. Submissions that explore diversity, inclusiveness and ethical considerations surrounding the technical work are strongly encouraged.
Accepted session formats include presentations, panels, and workshops at intermediate and advanced level.
- Call for Speakers closed on Tuesday, December 11, 2018
- Selected Speakers notified by Wednesday, January 30, 2019
There are four conference tracks for Hopper x 1 Seattle, including:
Speaker selection for Hopper x 1 Seattle is highly competitive. To improve your chances of being selected, we recommend that you closely follow the speaker submission requirements.
- Word count: Abstract – maximum 400 characters. Proposal – maximum four pages; three pages for submission content and one page for speaker bios. Only abstract will be published to attendees. We will not edit these, so please pay attention to formatting and grammar.
- Font size: Minimum 10-point font. Use a common font such as Arial, Calibri, or Times New Roman.
- Audience: Use for career-related submissions to indicate your target audience. Understanding of the audience and tailoring the submission as such ensures a higher chance of success. If your submission is accepted, the audience label will be at the discretion of the track co-chairs.
- Expertise level: Use for technical submissions to indicate if the proposal is aimed at the Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced levels. If your submission is accepted, the audience label will be at the discretion of the track co-chairs.
- Templates: Use the starter template indicated in each section below to help you get started. You may add sections, provided the proposal is within the page limits specified. If you choose to use your own template, you must still include all the sections listed in your template to ensure consistency.
Sponsors are a key facet of our community and through Hopper x 1 Seattle play an important role in building a collectively strong, diverse and inclusive tech community right here in Seattle.
As a Sponsor, your organization gets an opportunity to support an event aimed directly at improving Diversity and Inclusion in the tech industry. It is a great way to showcase your commitment and support for women in tech, engage and encourage your current employees by giving them an opportunity to leverage all the conference has to offer and recruit top local-talent at our career fair.
Based on our learnings and your feedback from last year we have designed a compelling sponsorship program for Hopper x 1 Seattle 2019. You will find that the 2019 sponsorship program offers you the convenience to pick the sponsorship package that best meets the goals and needs of your organization.
Sponsorship Program Details
Sales close February 22. Questions? Email: BusinessDevelopment@AnitaB.org
Your voice and participation are important! To ensure that we incorporate the ideas and talents of our local community, please consider volunteering for Hopper x 1 Seattle.
There are openings for reviewers in our scholarship and program track committees. Additional positions will be opened for some of our planning roles in early December. General volunteers will be needed closer to the conference, so please keep checking back!
Program & Scholarship Committee Reviewers
Reviewers must be able to commit to 6-8 hours of work between mid-December to early-January, including at least two online meetings (kick-off and review finalization).
- If applying for a track committee, you must have technical expertise in the field of the track you selected and, ideally, prior experience reviewing proposals for a technical conference.
- If applying for the scholarship committee, you must have at least two years of work experience. Prior experience reviewing scholarships or program tracks would be a plus.
Each reviewer will be assigned proposals/scholarship applications from the committee chair and be given 2-3 weeks to complete reviews. After reviewing the proposal/application, they will fill in a review form using an online tool to provide a score and recommendation, as well as feedback/comments to the chairs and the submitter.
In case of score/recommendation misalignments, the chair might invoke a discussion for further information or feedback.
All reviewers that fulfill their obligations, will receive a discount on their ticket to Hopper x 1 Seattle 2019.
- Program & scholarship reviewer applications closed on Tuesday, December 4, 2018
- Selected applicants will be notified by Friday, December 14, 2018
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
—– Additional volunteer opportunities will be posted in early 2019. Check back soon. —–