SAVE THE DATE!
JOIN US NOVEMBER 4th, 2019
Hopperx1 New York City is a one-day locally organized event modeled after our Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC). This immersive event brings together women technologists at all levels – along with leading companies from industry, academia, and research – to build relationships, learn, and advance their careers.
The Call for Participation (CFP) opens May 22. If you are interested in applying to speak at Hopperx1 New York City, please view Tracks and Session Formats tabs for more information.
Our objectives include
- Deliver opportunities and tools that allow women to grow, learn, and develop across the entire technical career path, including student, academic, re-entry, and transitional stages
- Advocate for solutions that benefit women across multiple dimensions, including race, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, and temperament.
- Champion women technologists in industry and academia by calling for accountability, transparency, and lasting change.
- Shatter cultural perceptions that limit women in their quest to build meaningful careers and claim positions of influence in technology
- Strengthen our collective, diverse voices, showcase women Innovators. Hopperx1 New York City offers a platform for local women to present and discuss their work. Apply to give a talk or lead a workshop.
If you would like to receive more information about Hopperx1 NYC and other events happening in your area, fill out this form.
Call for Speakers
There will be three conference tracks for Hopperx1 New York City covering a wide range of fields for every technical woman. These include Career / Diversity & Inclusion, Emerging Technology, and Startup/Entrepreneurship track.
Our Call for Participation is seeking high-quality submissions that showcase the latest trends and research, emerging technology, practical experiences, technical solutions and projects led by women in one of the domains highlighted below. We invite perspectives from academic, industry, entrepreneurial, governmental and non-profit sectors. Submissions that explore diversity, inclusiveness and ethical considerations surrounding the technical work are strongly encouraged.
The conference tracks include presentations, panels, and workshops.
There are three conference tracks for Hopperx1 New York City, including:
Speaker selection for any Hopper conference is highly competitive. To improve your chances of being selected, we recommend that you closely follow the speaker submission requirements.
- Word count: Abstract – maximum 400 characters. Proposal – maximum four pages; three pages for submission content and one page for speaker bios. Only abstract will be published to attendees. We will not edit these, so please pay attention to formatting and grammar.
- Font size: Minimum 10-point font. Use a common font such as Arial, Calibri, or Times New Roman.
- Audience: Use for career-related submissions to indicate your target audience. Understanding of the audience and tailoring the submission as such ensures a higher chance of success. If your submission is accepted, the audience label will be at the discretion of the track co-chairs.
- Expertise level: Use for technical submissions to indicate if the proposal is aimed at the Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced levels. If your submission is accepted, the audience label will be at the discretion of the track co-chairs.
- Templates: Download a starter template from the “Session Formats” tab.