SAVE THE DATE!
Join us for a day of learning and networking, focused on technology, career development, leadership and advancing gender diverse STEM pioneers in London on Friday, June 14
Hopperx1 London is a one-day locally organized event modeled after our Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC). This immersive event brings together women technologists at all levels – along with leading companies from industry, academia, and research – to build relationships, learn, and advance their careers.
The program includes keynote speakers, panel discussions, as well as workshops and talks by inspiring women from our London WiT community, which will be split into Technical, Professional Development, and Community tracks.
By listening to women in technical industries and participating in hands-on workshops, you will gain insight into recent technology trends in the city, what it takes to be a successful woman in tech, and tips and stories from women creating technologies that are changing the world.
Mico Yuk, Co-Founder/CEO, BI Brainz| Co-Founder of Analytics on Fire Community & Podcast |Founder, BI Dashboard Formula methodology | Author, Data Visualization for Dummies (Wiley) | BI Advisor to the Fortune 500 | Global Keynote Speaker| Named #7 Entrepreneur BI Influencer| SAP Mentor Alumni |Power BI for Business Users Leader
To find out more about Mico, visit micoyuk.com.
Brenda Darden Wilkerson is an advocate for access, opportunity, and social justice for underrepresented communities in technology. She currently serves as the President and CEO of AnitaB.org, an organization that connects, inspires, and strives for greater equality for women technologists in business, academia, and government. She founded the original Computer Science for All program, building computer science classes into the curriculum for every student in the Chicago Public Schools, and serving as the inspiration for the Obama administration’s national CS4All initiatives.
Our objectives include
- Deliver opportunities and tools that allow women to grow, learn, and develop across the entire technical career path, including student, academic, re-entry, and transitional stages
- Advocate for solutions that benefit women across multiple dimensions, including race, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, and temperament.
- Champion women technologists in industry and academia by calling for accountability, transparency, and lasting change.
- Shatter cultural perceptions that limit women in their quest to build meaningful careers and claim positions of influence in technology
- Strengthen our collective, diverse voices, showcase women Innovators. Hopperx1 London offers a platform for local women to present and discuss their work. Apply to give a talk or lead a workshop.
The Call for Participation and Scholarship applications closed on April 14. Thank you to everyone who applied for a scholarship or submitted a proposal to speak at Hopperx1 London!
Questions? Email: HopperLondon@AnitaB.org
If you would like to receive more information about Hopperx1 London and other events happening in your area, fill out this form.
We welcome people of all genders and backgrounds to attend 2019 Hopperx1 London. Our program will be designed to:
- Celebrate technical impact and accomplishments of women and gender diverse folk at all career and academic levels
- Enable women to network with peers, allies and mentors in the London area, and support one another along their career paths
- Equip women and allies with technical and career skills through a variety of interactive and hands-on sessions
- Inspire curiosity and action whether you are an experienced technologist or new to the technology field
We appreciate your enthusiasm for Hopperx1 London and your commitment to gender diversity in technology. To make attendance accessible to all, we will provide flexible registration options, including a full day general registration, discounted price for students, and a limited number of scholarships that provides free admission to all sessions, career fair, lunch, and reception.
- General Registration will open in early May. We look forward to seeing you at the conference in June!
Please note: All sales are final and cannot be cancelled or refunded. You may substitute a new attendee if you are not able to attend.
There will be five conference tracks for Hopperx1 London covering a wide range of fields for every technical woman. These include Research, Career, Data Science & Artificial Intelligence, Emerging Technology, and Open Source..
The conference tracks include presentations, panels, and workshops.
There are five conference tracks for Hopperx1 London, including:
Hopperx1 London connects, inspires, and guides women in computing. This would be impossible without our sponsors!
Show your commitment to women in tech, recruit top talent, and engage your current employees by sponsoring Hopperx1 London. Each level offers something different, so pick the package that fits your organization’s needs.
Prospectus for company sponsorship will be released April 22.
Sponsorship questions? Email: BusinessDevelopment@AnitaB.org