In the technology consulting field, the battle is on for the best talent. But, who are these people? Among many other things, successful technology consultants are able to bring together their thoughtful and strategic consulting approach and a client- and solution-focused mindset, with a solid understanding of leading-edge technology (which is ever-evolving). Regardless of the industry (or their precise job title!), technology consultants are positioned to influence change and work on a variety of projects to have a significant impact. This sounds exciting and interesting and full of career potential, right? It can be – except that some people (and women, in particular) may find that it is a challenging and competitive field to join and ultimately thrive in.
Let’s learn from those who are doing it!
You’re invited to a special event to hear from a panel of technology consulting pros from all types of consulting companies. The goal of this discussion is to learn from what they’ve done right in their careers, what mistakes they’ve learned from, and the advice they may have for others looking to join this growing field.
- Dr. Uchenna Chukwu, PhD: Registered Patent Agent, Chief Technology Officer, Chi’s Research Corp/Vegizyme, LLC
- Tammy Young Heck: Senior Manager, Advisory Services, Ernst & Young LLP
- Linda Kateley: Formally owned a consulting company / Currently a Web Infrastructure Engineer at Best Buy – Cloud
- Meghan Stiling: Enterprise Architect, Nerdery
- Cassi Hansen, Vice President of Nerd Experience (i.e., HR), Nerdery
Address: Nerdery 9555 James Ave S #245, Bloomington, MN 55431
Parking instructions: Free parking – open air parking lot in front of office so it should be self-explanatory
Entrance/Registration info: Enter via marked “Visitors Entrance”- it’s a big sign on the front of the building and is the main entrance to the office.
- 5:30pm Networking & Registration/check-ins
- 6:00pm Introductions & panel discussion
- 7:30pm Networking
- 8:00pm Close